How cute are these guys?!
Ever since I spotted the chocolate moulds in the home baking section of Dunnes, I had been looking forward to seeing how they turned out. They cost just €4 and come in a range of different designs…
And they’re almost too adorable to eat…. almost!
Though I did feel little mean for nibbling off their happy smiling heads first, before polishing off the rest of them. But I can always make more, as it’s such a super simple recipe 🙂
The recipe is the exact same as my popular recipe for 4-3-2-1 Clean Chocolates, which contain just four ingredients: cacao or cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract. Easy!
All you need to do is melt the ingredients together to form a smooth chocolate sauce, then pour it into the moulds and pop it into the freezer to set for 20-30 minutes. And you have the cutest homemade, melt-in-the-mouth festive chocs!
They make a sweet display at Christmas parties and kids will love the novelty factor too.
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder (or Cadbury Bournville Cocoa Powder)
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, gently melt the coconut oil and add in the cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Stir until a smooth chocolate sauce forms.
- I used a rubber ice tray with gingerbread men and candy cane shapes to form my chocolates, and I would recommend a rubber ice tray as it's much easier to pop them out again.
- Spoon the mixture into the tray and let the chocolates set in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
- These chocolates soften quite quickly at room temperature, so are best stored in the fridge.