This is an exclusive recipe for Xposé, adapted from the recipe for nutty cinnamon raisin cookies in Eat Yourself Beautiful. I simply replaced the raisins with cranberries, which gives them a tasty pop of sweetness and a lovely colour.
They’re so simple to make, with a crisp exterior and chewy interior… a real people pleaser!
I often make these crunchy spiced cookies around Christmas time for family and friends, because they have such a warm, cosy, homely taste and are always a people pleaser. Both delicious and nourishing for skin and hair, it can be difficult to stop at just one!
You can watch the Xpose clip here 🙂
- 61g Hazelnuts, lightly oven-roasted
- 18g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 28g gluten-free rolled oats
- 91g unsweetened dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is sticky and forms a dough
- Lightly oil a tray with coconut oil
- Roll individual balls using 2 Tbsp of the cookie mixture and press gently down onto the tray to form a disc shape, or else use a cookie cutter to form the shapes.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for a few minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire cooling tray.
- Store in a sealed, airtight container.