Spring is in the air, the daffodils are in full bloom, and it’s the perfect time of the year to introduce some colourful smoothies to your life!
This Eat Yourself Fit mango-based concoction is a deliciously cool and creamy smoothie filled with healthy fats, antioxidant vitamins and minerals for glowing skin.
Mango is one of my favourite fruits for bright and healthy skin, as it’s a super source of beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body with the help of a little dietary fat. In this case, I used cashews as they have a mild, creamy taste.
Vitamin A then goes to work repairing damaged skin cells and helping to build a beautiful, smooth complexion.
Let me know if you give this Good To Glow Mango Tango Smoothie a go and I love to see all your creations on social media! Simply tag #RosannaDavisonNutrition on Instagram or Twitter or come on over to my Facebook to say hello 🙂
- 125ml low-fat coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 a ripe mango, fresh or peeled, cut into chunks and frozen for 2 hours
- 1 tbsp raw cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- The juice of half a lime
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and serve chilled.
- Any leftovers should stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days, but this smoothie is best enjoyed as soon as possible after making it.