I’m enjoying a full-on love affair with peaches this summer. Admittedly, I do tend to cheat a bit and buy them ripe rather than ripen them at home… I don’t seem have the patience to wait for them to ripen once I buy them!
While biting into a fresh juicy peach is a deliciously simple treat, they also work very well in a range of sweet treats and smoothies.
In this Peaches ‘n’ Cream Summer Shake, I used coconut water, cashews, frozen banana, peaches, coconut and vanilla to make a deliciously sweet and creamy smoothie. It tastes like a dessert, yet it’s energy-boosting and insanely good for you. Hello, healthy fat, fibre, vitamins, minerals and protein!
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut water, unsweetened almond milk or your favourite plant milk
- 2 ripe peaches, stoned and quartered
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1 tbsp unsalted raw cashews
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp vanilla or plain COYO coconut milk yoghurt (optional but recommended)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with a sprinkle of coconut and serve chilled.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.