I’m delighted that the weekend is finally here, because I’m going on a weekend break to the west of Ireland with my husband and the weather is looking great for the next few days 🙂
We thought we’d take this weekend away because I’m gearing up for the launch of my new nutrition and recipe book, Eat Yourself Beautiful, on August 28th. Life is going to get very busy from then for the next few months, with a book signing tour of the country! I’ll be announcing dates and locations on the website next week.
So today’s recipe for SoSueMe readers is very pink and perfect for the mini heatwave we’ve been having in Ireland! All I seem to crave in warm weather is sweet, cold, fruity smoothies. They make a great healthy alternative when you have your eyes on an ice-cream, and this one is free from refined sugar. Kids will also love the flavour of strawberry and frozen banana, if you’re trying to get your little ones to eat more healthy foods.
Strawberries are an amazing source of vitamin C, which helps to boost your immune system. Vitamin C can also give you a smoother, younger-looking complexion because your body uses vitamin C to make collagen. Collagen is the fibre that gives your skin elasticity and keeps it looking plump and young. Hurrah!
I popped the coconut into this recipe to give it a creamy, ice-cream taste. But almond milk will work too. The vanilla extract really helps to make it taste delicious!
Let me know if you give this Strawberries and Cream Coconut Dream recipe a go and I love to see all your creations on social media! Simply tag #RosannaDavisonNutrition on Instagram or Twitter or come on over to my Facebook to say hello 🙂
- 180ml (3/4 cup) low-fat coconut milk (I use a brand called Koko Coconut Milk) or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen for at least two hours
- 6-8 medium/large fresh strawberries and extra to garnish
- 2 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sliced strawberry and a sprinkle of coconut, to serve
- Place all ingredients in a blender, beginning with the liquid, and combine until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and dried coconut, and serve chilled.
- Any leftovers will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 days.