I recently recorded a recipe demo for the Omega-3 Gingerbread Energy Bars from my new book, Eat Yourself Fit. It’s now available to pre-order from both Easons.com and Amazon.co.uk 🙂
Omega-3 Gingerbread Energy Bars
Omega-3 fatty acids are absolutely essential to include in your everyday diet for their powerful anti-inflammatory properties. They help to keep your skin smooth and are important for maintaining good brain health and regulating hormones. Raw walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of the nutrient and provide a protein- and fibre rich base for these energy bars. Fresh ginger helps to support your immune system, improves blood flow and supports healthy digestion. These bars are simple to make and are a tasty quick breakfast or snack on the go. PER BAR: 88 CALORIES | 4G PROTEIN | 7G CARBS | 6.6G FAT
Write a review
- 150g raw walnut halves
- 8 dried apricots (organic and sulphur free, if possible)
- 10 dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 20 minutes to soften
- 2 tbsp unsweetened desiccated or flaked coconut
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Place the walnuts and apricots in a blender or a food processor fitted with an S blade. Combine until the mixture becomes a coarse flour. Add the soaked and drained dates, coconut, ginger, almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg and blend until the mixture becomes a sticky dough.
- Press the mixture into a tray lined with non-stick baking paper and chill in the fridge for 30–40 minutes before slicing into squares and serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for three or four days.
Rosanna Davison Nutrition https://www.rosannadavisonnutrition.com/