Every time I look at these Coconut Kiss Protein Balls, I think of donuts. Is that weird?! I must have donuts on the brain this week, because my husband bought a box of donuts from the massively popular Aungier Danger for his staff in work a couple of days ago, and he’s been banging on about how delicious they were ever since. I might have to try a sneaky little bit of one sometime soon… shhh! 😉
Luckily, these four-ingredient beauts are considerably less naughty than donuts (though probably not as fun) and take all of five minutes to make. Yesss!
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you may have spotted that I’m a big fan of coconut in all of its glorious forms. I keep a tub in my bathroom to use on my hair and as a body lotion – plus it works well as a make-up remover if you’re stuck for cleanser. I love to drink coconut water for rehydration after exercise, and both coconut milk and dried coconut pop up in plenty of my recipes.
For this recipe, I simply mixed chilled coconut cream with desiccated coconut, Sunwarrior protein and a touch of vanilla extract to create a slightly sticky dough, which I then rolled into golfball-size balls to enjoy in a ladylike fashion or stuff into your gob all in one go… I tend to do the latter 🙂
They’re low in carbs and calories, filling, unprocessed and free from sugar. Plus they make a brilliant portable snack or lunchbox addition. Who needs donuts anyway!
- 3 scoops of Sunwarrior Vanilla protein Powder (or your favourite protein)
- 4 tbsp coconut cream from a chilled can of full-fat coconut milk*
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut and extra, to decorate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine together well until a thick mixture forms.
- Taste and adjust quantities of vanilla and desiccated coconut, if desired.
- Use the palms of your hands to roll the mixture into balls.
- Place the extra desiccated coconut into a small bowl and roll each ball in it until well coated.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- *For the creamiest coconut cream, chill a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight to allow the cream to harden. Carefully open it without shaking the can.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.