Bliss by name and most definitely bliss by nature… I literally face-planted into these about 0.5 seconds after a took the final photo. What?
Peanut butter and chocolate is a classic combo, and these bliss balls deliver a brilliant boost of energy and the most delicious flavour and crunchy texture.
They’re also ridiculously easy to throw together – I’m admittedly not the most patient in the kitchen. Who has the time these days?! So recipes my need to be simple, quick, healthy and yum.
Made with a wholesome combo of dates, cacao powder, coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut flakes, chia seeds and vanilla, they’re quick to prepare and can be stored in the fridge ready for a nibble – or three. They make a brilliant snack for boosting energy levels if you’re on the go. Been to the gym? Pop in a scoop of protein powder for a post-workout snack!
- 240g (1.5 cups) pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes to soften
- 4 tbsp cacao powder or Cadbury's Bournville cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil at room temp.
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (any nut or seed butter can be used instead)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 100g unsalted peanuts (use hazelnut pieces, coconut flakes, cacao powder, chia or sesame seeds as an alternative)
- Place the soaked and drained dates in a food processor and add the cacao powder, coconut, coconut oil, peanut butter, chia seeds and vanilla extract.
- Blend until all ingredients are well combined and a thick dough is formed. It should stick together between your fingers. If it's too wet, add a little more cacao powder and if it's too dry, add a splash of water.
- Use the palms of your hands to roll the dough into even balls.
- Place the peanuts into a blender or food processor and process for about 60 seconds until they're broken into course, crumbly pieces.
- Place the peanut pieces in a bowl and roll each bliss ball in them, coating them evenly.
- When each ball has been coated, place them in the fridge to chill for 20-30 minutes, then serve.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.