Happy Friday (the 13th)!
I hope you have all had a great week and have some nice plan made for the weekend?
I’m looking forward to a quiet weekend down in Wexford with my Grandmother 🙂 I usually try to have a quiet month in November, as December always gets so busy with festive parties, dinners and drinks with friends. So plenty of chill-out time this month.
My other reason for taking it easy this month, is because I have started writing my second book! I’m already so excited for its release in autumn 2016. It will still feature plenty of health and nutrition tips, plus 100 recipes, but I will be putting more focus on my other passion – fitness! It will be about how staying active and a good diet together are the magic bullet for staying healthy, looking youthful and being able to cope better with stress.
As I’ve been spending the past few days writing away in front of the computer, I’ve been mainly eating meals and snacks that are super simple to make, taste really good and are healthy too.
So today I wanted to share my absolute fave quick and tasty snack or light meal… chilli-lime avocado on toast!
Simply mash up a ripe avocado with a pinch of dried chilli, lime juice and some sea salt, then spread it on your favourite toasted bread. I used a gluten-free seedy bread, but there’s also a good recipe for omega-3 bread in my book, Eat Yourself Beautiful, which is healthy and straightforward to make.
Avocados are such an amazing food to keep your skin and hair looking soft and supple, and it’s rich in the antioxidant nutrients A, C and E, that help to protect your skin from premature ageing. Up to half an avocado a day is all you need for younger-looking skin. And it’s far cheaper than splashing out on anti-ageing creams!
I had avo on toast yesterday with a green smoothie for a satisfying lunch, but it works just as well as a breakfast too.
I would love to know if you get a chance to make this Avocado Toast! Simply tag #RosannaDavisonNutrition on Instagram or Twitter or come on over to my Facebook to say hello 🙂
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced in half and pitted
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- The juice of 1 lime/lemon (about a tablespoon)
- Pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- Bread of your choice, toasted
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika, to serve
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a mixing bowl and add in the chillies, lime juice and seasoning. Use a fork to mash the mixture until there are no lumps left.
- Use a knife to spread the mixture onto your favourite bread and serve.
- The avocado can get a little discoloured if left out in the air for too long, so this is best eaten as soon as possible.