This is my signature drink, and anybody that knows me will tell you that I guzzle one down every single day!
I’ve made no secret of the fact that I’m obsessed with green smoothies and start each day with warm water, ginger and lemon followed by a big glass of chilled smoothie.
Their benefits are numerous, and apart from flooding your entire system with a multitude of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, the fact that the plant cells have already been broken down by blending means that your body has to expend less energy for digestion. The nutrients are quickly absorbed into our bloodstream and delivered to our cells, which means that we have more sustained energy and less of a need for that morning cup of coffee.
The high fibre content helps to keep us full and boosts our digestion and elimination for a flatter tummy.
Chlorophyll is the green pigment in leafy green vegetables, and it’s essential to life! It has almost an identical molecular structure to human blood, which makes it an excellent blood builder and cleanser, helping to oxygenate our blood and body cells. More cleansed and oxygenated blood means more nutrients are delivered to our skin, hair and muscles for boosting health and beauty.
Even if you don’t make any other changes to your diet and lifestyle, simply drinking a large glass of this smoothie first thing in the morning will make a noticeable difference to your beauty, health, energy, waistline and immune system. It’s that effective!
I have incorporated some of the very best foods for younger-looking skin, fighting inflammation, faster hair growth, fat burning and anti-ageing into one drink. It’s easy to make in big batches two or three times a week, store in the freezer and keeps fresh in the fridge for 2-3 days. So no excuses!
Drink it regularly and you can look forward to improved digestion and elimination, a flatter stomach, glowing skin, better protection from colds and flus and thicker hair. Plus it’s far cheaper than doctor’s bills, prescription medicine and expensive beauty products. 😉
- 200g organic baby spinach
- 1 ripe banana
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp fresh root ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- Half an organic cucumber, chopped into chunks
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 4-5 drops of liquid Stevia (optional)
- 4 ice cubes
- Cold water, to blend
- Rinse the spinach and cucumber well.
- Add the water to the blender first, followed by the spinach, cucumber, banana, pineapple, blueberries, mint, ginger, lime/lemon juice and ice cubes.
- Blend well until smooth and creamy. Taste and add Stevia if desired.
- Garnish with blueberries and serve chilled in a tall glass.
- If you are currently taking Warfarin or have any issues with blood clotting, please consult your doctor before consuming this drink.