Craving something chocolatey and satisfying? This is one seriously thick and creamy smoothie, but it’s not nearly as naughty as the name suggests! It’s packed with raw cacao powder, which boasts fibre, antioxidants and minerals including iron and calcium.
The all-natural ingredients in this shake will quench any craving for something sweet and cold, but it’s brimming with beauty-building nutrients and none of the refined sugar and other processed ingredients in your typical chocolate milkshake. Hurrah!
Let me know if you give this Chocolate Chip Protein Thickshake a go and I love to see all your creations on social media! Simply tag #RosannaDavisonNutrition on Instagram or Twitter or come on over to my Facebook to say hello 🙂
- 4 bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen for 4–5 hours
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 scoops of Sunwarrior raw vegan chocolate protein powder or your favourite protein
- 2 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs, plus extra to decorate
- 240ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add a little more almond milk if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Pour into a tall glass, decorate with a sprinkle of cacao nibs and serve chilled.
- Any leftovers will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days.